Friday 4 November 2011

Shock to the System


Now I'm back home, all unpacked (slightly) and I've had a good old soak in the bath, all I can say is that I miss it.
I miss Tanzania.
I miss Peace Matunda.
I miss Itchi (the stray dog).
I miss the piki piki’s and the tuc tuc’s.
I miss the dust that was permanently on my shoes.
I miss the smiling faces every time I walked in a room.
And I miss the kids like nothing I've ever missed before.

In the last few days out there I felt home sick; so much so that I cried, whereas now that I’m home, with all the luxuries I was so used to before, I miss how simple life was out there, and how much joy one person could bring with something that seemed so insignificant. I don’t dislike people here for being how we all are, myself included, I just wish there was a way I could show people that there is more to life that what we know here at home.


Before I left, I watched this video on Shaun’s blog (the volunteer coordinator out there) and it was a lovely video to watch. It made me excited to go out there and see it all for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDfl3PPTuU

When I got back, I watched it again, and this time, instead of laughing and giggling along with the kids, I cried all the way through… with a huge grin on my face! Now, I know every single one of those kids, they each have a place in my heart and I’ll miss each and every one of them.

Keep an eye out for some plans I have up my sleeve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment