Saturday 29 October 2011

29th Oct 9:50pm

Tonight was my last night with Tom, Megan and Kristina because Tom is going home early tomorrow morning and Megan and Kristina leave for Zanzibar and Dar (Dar es Salaam) early tomorrow too.

We all spent some time with Stephen and Amanda playing games and cuddling them. They are both 3 so they fall asleep on us all the time which is so sweet.
Me Tom and Megan went down to the orphanage to give out some sweets and me to hand out the books I bought earlier this week. The kids all loved reading the books with us, and looking at the pictures. They all said they would miss Tom. It was really sad actually, Tom was clearly sad to be leaving, and the children didn’t show it too much but you could tell they were sad to see him leave. We danced to the music that was playing for a while and I learnt the dance moves for a funny song they all seemed to know, It got late so we sat and cuddled about 6 kids each and then the mommas wanted us to leave so they could put the kids to bed,

While everyone else was packing to leave I tidied up the room, like mother like daughter is all I can say.

We all went down the track about 10 meters to a banana beer place; apparently banana beer has a similar consistency to sick, so you can imagine my relief when all that was available was banana wine. It was awful! Truly awful! And so it should be, it cost about 9 pence. No one finished their bottle; god knows who drank it because it disappeared later on.

When Tom and I got back to peace Matunda, Matika the Massia guard as there and we asked to see his bow and arrow; it was so huge, and the string was too tight for me to move more than 5 cm. The arrows were poison arrows!

We all said goodbye and I was so sad to see them leave, they taught me so much about Peace Matunda, I will miss all 3 of them loads the next 2 days especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment