Thursday 27 October 2011

27th Oct 11:40am

At 10am I came up to the house and started to peel 5 big bunches of bananas and chop each one into 10 or 12 slices. We carried the slices down to the school on a big tray and put 5 or 6 pieces in each of the cups of porridge, they were all grinning at the banana slices and they just looked so happy. I was so pleased that I could help in that respect.




After the children ate I got out 2 skipping ropes, that I got given to bring over, and gave them to some of the older girls to share, they were better than me at skipping if I’m honest! Haha!


When I got the tennis balls out the children went crazy, playing catch and kicking it about. They enjoyed that a lot so I’m going to take them down again tomorrow.




Back at the volunteer house I watched In Bruges, which is such a quotable film, I won’t repeat the words to anyone else in case young children hear it, but the best quote of the whole films is ‘fuckin’ Bruges’ which is said like ‘faaackaiin Bruuuuuuges’.

At the end of the school day, for the lower classes, I went to the gates to hand out some clothes and stationary to standards 1 and 2. The older girls used their break to help me know who should have what clothes and what gifts. Caroline and Chrystal came along for moral support because the children can be slightly overwhelming all at once.





After break I went to do sports with standard 2, it was like a mini sports day with rocks on spoons in mouth races and potato sack races. Everyone was cheering and the kids loved having me there to cheer for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment