Thursday 27 October 2011

27th Oct 8:10am


This morning I got up and went to assembly successfully (I’ve been trying all week but every time I get up early enough, something goes wrong, like no water for a shower, breakfast is delayed, or I need drinking water to take my malerome.) Anyway I went with Amanda, Kayaa’s little girl and all the children were singing songs reciting the school song in Swahili and dancing.



The older girls sometimes conduct the assemblies where the children follow her lead as she stands smart, legs closed, and shouts ‘attention’ then step her legs a shoulder width apart and shouts ‘at ease’. This is repeated a few times while the children chant ‘attention, at ease, attention, at ease’

After the singing, the children who are in good uniform stand on the steps and the children who had odd jumpers on, take them off and join the rest. Those children who are completely incorrectly dressed are told doff by one of the teachers and taken to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment