Saturday 22 October 2011

22nd Oct 11:40am

So I have lots to tell from the flight, I was so amazing, Stephane (French) and Amil (Swedish) showed me everything on the dash board! I wore a head set and listened in on the air traffic controller. I was overwhelmed. Obviously I couldn't see much but clouds and darkness because it was a night flight. However at one point it was so clear we could make out the shape of Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru (the volcano near Peace Matunda). We saw them because it was the only place in the sky where the stars weren't shining! It was beautiful; the sky was full of twinkling stars and the geek in me was naming constellations.

Amil was telling me about all the places in Arusha I should visit. I got a photo with Stephane in the cockpit, which is pretty cool. At the end of the flight he gave me his number and asked if we could meet up in Arusha. Haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment