Saturday 22 October 2011

22nd Oct 1pm


So, my first experience in Arusha...
We set off from the orphanage after Ester, the admin lady, showed me around the orphanage and school, it's weird because half of it isn't finished but it's still clean and very welcoming. The children introduce themselves and then just hug you and hold your hand.

We walked down the dirt track to the road for about 45 minutes, it was pretty hot too. Then we got the dala dala (a bus that is pretty much a minibus with extra seats) but we had to let 2 go past before we found one with space. It turned up and we shoved our way on.


People were cramming on after us and I ended up at the back bouncing around over speed bumps and rocks. I looked to my right and I kid you not, the woman next to me had a live chicken on her lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment