Sunday 30 October 2011

30th Oct 12:40pm

I went to get the paint for the black boards after my picture spree ad the paintbrushes seem to have gone, so one coat will have to do. If they turn up Kristina can continue the project since she is here for a lot longer than all of us.

Instead I went to the orphanage to see all the kids, I’m spending as much time with them as possible before I go. I took some pencils down which I handed out and some skipping ropes which the girls and the boys loved!





Margaret got some paper out and I drew with a group of them. Drawing around objects and writing what they were, that sort of thing. Then I read with little Unis and Adita, we read a book about a spoilt little girl called Rebecca royal and a poem/limerick book which they found hilarious.

I got out my camera and everyone seemed to want a picture, so we were snapping photos of everyone. When I went outside to sit in the sun, I found Margaret playing with a dismantled weighing scale. My good deed of the day was to take out the capacitors, because they store charge for quite a while. My original thought was, ‘the metal is sharp, put the whole thing in the bin.’ But let’s face it, these kids walk around holding machetes with no handle, ready to chop up plants and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment