Sunday 30 October 2011

30th Oct 7:40 pm


After dinner I went to the waterfall with Alex and Lovein, two of the boys from the orphanage. I figured it wouldn’t be far if the boys were allowed to go. Boy was I wrong?

We walked for about an hour and a bit. Now I’ve done d of e gold, twice. I’m a tough cookie, but the heat, the dust, the sheer height we climbed left me so sweaty, my heart was racing in my head and my thighs were spasming. I looked over at Lovein and Alex who were running up the hill in flip flops! I had walking boots on and I was struggling.




It was so worth the throbbing in my head and legs, once we got to the water fall. It was spectacular, the water was so clear and it was so high there was a breeze (which helped the overheating situation)




I can’t explain how beautiful it was, when you looked up it felt like an age until you saw blue sky.

Once we got back (which was much easier downhill) I guzzled a load of water and then went to find Calvin, one of the boys who is getting a solar lamp.

I found him explained how it worked and he just threw his arms around me, thanking me over and over. It was nice to see true gratitude. Some of the children become greedy when it comes to sweets or stationary.

No comments:

Post a Comment